Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Practice Blog Post- Who am i? Why do i want to be an educator? What are my passions?

I am from a very small town two hours North of Mobile, called Gilbertown. I have lived there since I was five years old and attended kindergarten through my first semester of my sophomore year in college there. It has always been my home, until I recently moved to mobile in January for my first semester of college at South Alabama. I decided to attend USA because the education program seemed very well organized, and I enjoy being in the city of Mobile. I have always been interested in being a teacher, and I knew from a young age this was always what I wanted to pursue. I want to be in the field of education because I love to be around children and to teach things, that's my passion. I've always worked babysitting jobs and been around children a lot, and I enjoy teaching and helping them. I have many interest other than being around kids and teaching though, I enjoy shopping, traveling, and being with friends and family. My family is very close even though most of my family lives in New Orleans, LA. My family has always put a strong emphasis on education, and I thoroughly enjoy going to school and doing well in school. My brother just recently graduated from Tulane and received his degree and certificate in law. My sis is a graduate of Southern Miss and has a degree in Bio Medical Sciences. My mom works at a local bank, and my dad is a manager over oil rigs overseas. I strive to do the best I can in anything I do. Succeeding is very important to me. I am good at learning new things fast and at school mostly. People also tell me I am good at being there for them or being a friend. One thing i guess i could work on or do better is learning to become more independent.
In the future, I plan to have a degree in elementary education and work at a public school close to my home town.I want to be close to my mother and father. I also have dreams of opening up a daycare in my town or nearby. I love to be around children and want to travel overseas and actually adopt a child one day. My passions are just to make a difference in someone life, whether that be teaching or adopting a child in the future. I want to help people and succeed in all my dreams.
people helping people

No comments:

Post a Comment